Maybe it's true. Maybe we really do need miles and miles of heart. If so, we're in luck, because the heart motif is here in a big way! To see what I mean, check out my "Monday with Megan" post this week on the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine blog for an extensive look at how hearts are making their way on the trendy scene.
I'm not just talking Valentine's Day sweetheart-hearts either. I'm talking this lovable shape on home decor items and fashion, too. In fact, while shopping this weekend, I came across a heart subtend: two-tone hearts, like the ones on these cutie-pie baby pants by Old Navy...
And, in a more monochromatic fashion, the hearts on this blouse by Ann Taylor.
Inspired, I set to work creating my own two-tone heart tidbits.
Do It To It
1. Gather supplies. I went with double-sided paper (DCWV Basics Stack), which makes pattern pairing a breeze, and a basic heart-shaped punch by McGill.
2. Punch hearts, making sure to punch two hearts per every one heart color your card needs. (Ex. My card calls for four hearts, so I've actually punched eight.)
3. Cut one piece out from one heart in each of your color duos.
4. Layer cut heart over full heart of same color and secure in place using adhesive.
5. Stitch two-tone hearts to card front.
6. Add a few stickers and a strip of paper, and you're through. Serious as a heart attack!
Such a fun twist on a basic heart shape. And it's as simple as punching hearts, cutting a piece from one, and layering the cut heart over the matching solid heart. I went with a more monochromatic look, but I can't wait to take a more contrasting approach soon.
Love how hearts make your projects look? It would make my heart happy if you'd check out my "Monday with Megan" post over on the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine blog today for an extensive look at how hearts make everything brighter. And be sure to visit me on Pinterest, where I've created a "Hearts" board, containing miles and miles of this lovely little motif.
Thanks for reading. I hope you're left crushing on the latest heart trend—two-tone hearts!
[Megan + Two-tone Hearts = TLA (True Love Always)]